Carilion Clinic is seeking an additional Pulmonary and Critical Care Physician to expand its New River Valley practice. This is primarily a clinical position with responsibilities to cover the inpatient Critical Care and Pulmonary Consult services, as well as the outpatient Pulmonary clinic. There is also an opportunity to do some Sleep Medicine for those with appropriate qualifications. Additionally, from an academic point of view, the incoming physician will have the opportunity to get involved in the development and implementation of critical care and pulmonary rotations for medical residents and students. An academic appointment through one of our allied schools is also available.
Carilion New River Valley Hospital is a State-of-the Art modern facility that offers a wide array of services, including a full pulmonary function test laboratory, bronchoscopy, an advanced 12 bed Critical Care Unit and an accredited 4 bed Sleep center by the AASM. The outpatient Pulmonary clinic was recently relocated to a hospital attached facility that encompasses both the clinic and the Sleep Center in a setting that allows for excellent patient flow, with six exam rooms available. Interesting pathology is routinely seen, creating a challenging and learning environment. The incoming physician is expected to help develop multidisciplinary ICU rounds, as we implement a residency program and expand our hospitalist service. Additionally, the Carilion Clinic New River Valley physicians maintain a close relationship with our tertiary academic hospital in Roanoke (within a 45 minute drive), with access to teaching/case conferences and also opening a venue for additional subspecialty patient services that may not be readily available at New River Valley.
Living in Radford/Christiansburg will provide you with the opportunity to have an excellent quality of life in a dynamic, diverse and affordable community near two major universities, in addition to the Virginia Tech Carilion Medical School and the Edward Via School of Osteopathic Medicine. The community offers excellent educational choices, making it a great place to raise a family. Additionally, you will find plenty of cultural activities, diverse restaurants and outstanding outdoor activities.
• Hospital employed position assures a guaranteed salary without the hassles of private practice
• Opportunity to structure your practice model in a physician lead organization
• Work out of a single place
• Excellent paid vacation and CME time
• Competitive salary with performance and productivity bonuses
• Malpractice coverage, including tail coverage
• Health/Dental insurance
• Excellent growing hospitalist service allows you to work as a consultant and minimizes work during call
• Very livable call schedule, with expected weekend rounds of 1:4
• Complex pathology will keep you motivated and up-to-date
• Academic opportunity
• Carilion Clinic, through its main facility, Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital, also offers full subspecialty support including available services for Interventional Pulmonology
• Mild weather and four seasons
• Easy access to the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Appalachian Trail
• Collegiate sports and cultural events
• Excellent cost of living offering developed communities and secluded neighborhoods