||Permanent - Full Time
|| Pediatric, General
|| Port Arthur, TX, USA
|| South , Coastal
||7/16/2020 12:19:36 PM
Yes, National Health Service Corps loan repayment eligible site!
||10 days PTO
||$2,500 and 5 days annually
||CALL FOR INFO
Excellent Benefits! This facility offers a progressive compensation and benefits package which includes:
- Health, life, dental and optical insurance
- Great work/life balance with 10 days of PTO
- 5 days & $2,500 annually for CME
- Retirement/pension program available
- FTCA malpractice insurance
- Loan Repayment available through NHSC
In Port Arthur, Texas: Texas Association of Community Health Centers is seeking a full-time Pediatrician who will be responsible for delivery of quality medical care to the pediatric patients of the Center and functions as a member of the multi-disciplinary health care team within the scope of their medical practice.
- Maintains clinical expertise and competency (to include age-specific competency) as well as demonstrates thorough knowledge of procedures to deliver quality primary health care
- Provides clinic sessions, as scheduled, in direct patient care at clinic site, including extended hours clinics
- Examines, diagnoses, treats and/or refers patients assigned to physician's panel, on an in-patient and out-patient basis (as per individual employment agreements)
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions
- Refers clients for appropriate specialty care services, lab and x-ray and any other ancillary services that are appropriate for patient's management and care
- Reviews all lab and x-ray reports for patients under his/her care on a timely basis
- Provides continuity of care to center patients on his or her patient panel and other patients as assigned, including routine in-patient and nursing home care to center patients
- Perform emergency on-call on a scheduled basis with other physicians only if required by the local hospital(s) Professional Staff Bylaws
- Maintains a problem-oriented health record for each patient seen
- Ensures that patient and family/significant others are educated about diagnosis and the plan of care
- Acts as a resource for facilitating communication when necessary
- Participate in specified health promotion, education and/or prevention programs as needed
- Provide clinical oversight under the supervision of the Medical Director
- Assume responsibility/accountability for delegating, directing, and supervising patient care activities
- Trains, mentors and supervises students and clinical support staff engaged in activities and procedures, as appropriate
- Participate in the analysis of community health problems and assists in the development of the community health care plan
- Participates in Continuous Quality Improvement/Risk Management activities
- Graduation from an accredited medical school
- Completion of approved post-graduate training
- Medical degree from an accredited school of medicine
- Current unrestricted license from the Texas Board of Medical Examiners to practice as a physician in the State of Texas
- Annual continuing medical education as required by Board specialty
- Must be registered and have current DEA and other such certificates to legally operate a practitioner in the State of Texas
- Board certified in Pediatrics
- Current CPR
- Bilingual in Spanish and/or Vietnamese is preferred but not required
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact us at 512-329-5959 or apply directly online
No agencies, please. TACHC does not accept solicitations from outside recruitment agencies
All rights reserved. Users may reproduce or transmit the content in this ad only for private, personal, non-commercial use. The reproduction or transmission of the content in this ad (whole or in part) for commercial use is strictly prohibited, except with prior written permission from TACHC
Located in the "golden triangle," the area consists of several small cities including Beaumont, Orange, Lumberton, Port Arthur, Port Neches, Groves, and Bridge City. Small town hospitality and environment everywhere you go!
Port Arthur has celebrated more than 100 years as a Gulf Coast city, but its timeline is only a fraction of the greater history of the region's inhabitants. The shores of Sabine Lake have been occupied more than 1,500 years; American Indians, primarily the Atakapas, were the earliest known settlers. The late 1700s brought the first visits from Europeans -- English, Spanish and French. Most were explorers who did not stay, but in the 1800s the lake became an avenue for trade. Among the traders was Jean Laffite, and legends of hidden treasure have lingered in Southeast Texas.
Lake Sabine and the Gulf of Mexico coast connect to our city. We have all the water you could ever want, within minutes. Our beaches are surrounded by nothing but nature, for miles and miles. We have fishing holes for fresh and salt water anglers and Mardi Gras is always a catch away. Come taste our Cajun flavor, lose yourself in our dramatic Port Arthur history, and absorb all the natural beauty that the city of Port Arthur has to share. Add your energy to ours.
Long a favored stop for Texas nature tourists, Port Arthur has an abundant array of outdoors activities and cultural events to offer the business traveler and family alike. With a broad range of attractions and activities available in Port Arthur, Texas proper, and its surrounding areas, there is always something to see and do. Whether it's fishing, bird watching, sailing or seeing a show, Port Arthur has something for everyone. As a cultural melting pot of southern hospitality and international fare, Port Arthur and its surrounding areas have just about any type of food a person could want in our numerous restaurants. We also have several hot spots with quite a nightlife, and all types of atmospheres to choose from.
View Community Profile
Marcia Falloure, Provider Services Specialist
Texas Association of Community Health Centers
5900 Southwest Parkway
Austin, TX 78735
physicians in group:
of group / practice:
This organization has been serving Southeast Texas residents for over 23 years. The Port Arthur Center provides comprehensive medical, dental, mental health and pharmacy services 5 days a week 7am to 6pm and Saturday hours from 8am to noon. Our satellite Centers (Silsbee, Jasper, and Orange) are open 5 days a week 8am to 5pm. We employ 4 medical doctors, 9 family nurse practitioners, and 4 dentists.
In 2012, this organization served over 38,000 patient visits in its Port Arthur facility alone. The Center has additional facilities in Orange, Silsbee, and Jasper serving an additional 13,500 patient visits.
Comprehensive care gives patients access to pediatrics, ob/gyn, family medicine, internal medicine, mental health, dentistry, and pharmacy all in one central location with one unified patient chart. Patients can benefit from the comprehensive services, for example, when they visit dental the Dentist has full access to medical conditions which may affect the treatment.
We offer a sliding fee scale and will see patients regardless of their ability to pay. In addition, the Center accepts all Medicaid, Medicare, CHIPS, and private insurance plans.
Based on the Federal Poverty guidelines, the Center has fees as low as $30 to uninsured and underinsured patients. The fee includes access to the Center's complete services including basic labs, 340b pharmacy, patient navigators, and transportation at no additional cost. Patients do not have to worry about coming in for a low office visit and being surprised by having to pay additional money for labs or x-rays.
A unique feature to our organization is free access to patient navigators. The purpose of the patient navigator is to assist patients, especially those uninsured or underinsured, in obtaining assistance with health care through any applicable state, federal or private programs. The navigators research each patient's specific situation and assist with all necessary paperwork to complete the process. Additionally, the navigators assist patients in obtaining referrals to necessary specialists in the area and prepare paperwork to assist patients in obtaining free medications from manufacturers.
Center patients also have access to the Center's 340b drug program. Utilizing the Center's in-house pharmacy or any local Walgreen's location, patients can save hundreds of dollars on prescription medications just by being patients of the Center.
of the group:
We provide quality, affordable, and accessible primary medical, dental, and behavioral health care to the communities of Southeast Texas.
Residents of SETX will have a quality, educated, and healthy lifestyle with a focus on preventive health care and wellness.
- Superior quality outpatient/primary health care services
- Industry leader in outpatient/primary health care services
- Respect for the environment
- Accessibility by providing convenient locations, extended hours, and transportation
- Affordable healthcare services with dignity
- Provider of choice for patients
- A first choice for services
- Everyone should have access to quality care
- Organization will be lead with ethics, compassion, and integrity
- Employees represent the communities we serve
- Employees will have a positive and supportive work environment
- Expertise of employees and commitment to customer service