Carilion Clinic is accepting CV's for a full time board certified/board eligible fellowship trained Neuroradiologist to join the Department of Radiology at Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital, its 703-bed flagship teaching/tertiary referral hospital with State-designated Level I Trauma Center in Roanoke, VA. This position offers the opportunity to benefit from an academic practice setting practicing with many of the advantages of a smaller community practice in a state-of-the-art facility, supported by a large academic institution.
The primary focus of this position will be neuroradiology but the ideal candidate will also have interest and/or expertise in pediatric neuroradiology along with the ability to interpret other imaging studies and participate in the shared call responsibilities of the department, depending on candidate's proficiency and comfort level, excluding mammography and interventional radiology. New graduates are encouraged to apply.
We seek well-trained physicians of excellent character and integrity who wish to work in a collegial environment based on collaboration, mutual respect, trust and cooperation. We are searching for Radiologists who will be advocates for our patients, consultants for our radiology staff and clinical physicians, and ambassadors for radiology and Carilion Clinic. Radiologists invited to Carilion Clinic will join experienced, board-certified Radiologists and clinical colleagues dedicated to clinical integration, efficiency of care, quality improvement, teaching in an academic environment, and research. Our purpose is to achieve the best possible outcome for every patient by working together to practice, teach and discover better ways to heal.
Attractions of the position include:
- Modern state-of-the-art facilities, technology and equipment, nationally recognized
- Third largest hospital (by licensed beds) in Virginia
- Radiology Department of 25 radiologists with 18 fellowships, including Interventional, Neuroradiology, Body Imaging, MRI, MSK, Nuclear Medicine, Pediatrics and Women's Imaging
- Over 350,000 radiography procedures annually
- Integrated SECTRA PACS and Powerscribe voice-recognition dictation
- EPIC Electronic Medical Record
- 25 GME Programs, 12 residency and 13 fellowship programs
- Includes Academic Appointment through Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine (VTCSOM)
- Salary comparable to private practice, plus potential for bonus -- includes an employer funded pension plan, paid malpractice & tail, and benefits package
- Outstanding work/life balance opportunity
Carilion Clinic serves nearly one million people in Virginia through hospitals, outpatient specialty centers and advanced primary care practices. Led by multi-specialty physician teams with a shared philosophy that puts the patient first, Carilion is committed to improving outcomes for every patient while advancing the quality of care through medical education and research.
The Roanoke Valley is a metro area of 300,000 nestled between the Appalachian Trail and Blue Ridge Parkway and has consistently been rated among the “best places to live” in the nation. Quality of life in the Blue Ridge Mountains is high and the cost of living is low. The area offers a four-seaon playground for mountain, lake and river recreation, as well as a rich array of arts and cultural experiences. Home to award winning public schools, magnet centers, private institutions, and nationally and internationally ranked & acclaimed colleges and universities.
For confidential consideration, submit CV and Cover Letter.
EOE: Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity